How to Find Us:
Please note that our entrance has changed this season..
Do Not Enter at Gate 10
Enter at 415 Great View Dr. off Walnut Grove
1. Look at the map for the location of the entrance to Shelby Farms Park.
For a Starry Carriage Ride, you should NOT get in the long line at the main entrance of Shelby Farms Park off Walnut Grove and Farm. Instead, you'll want to avoid the main entrance by entering via the second entrance at Great View Dr E entrance, 415 Great View Dr E, an approximate address for the intersection of Walnut Grove and Great View Dr E.. This is also the entrance for Coastal Fish Company and The Event Center. You will proceed past the Event Center to the next intersection. Turn left onto Great View Dr. N. You will see our Carriages and Signs, Park on the grass.
NOTE: Enter off of Walnut Grove and Great View Dr E. However, if you use GPS use the address of the restaurant Coastal Fish Company, 415 Great View Dr E. You will go past the restaurant to the next intersection and turn left onto Great View Dr N. You will see the Carriages on the right and you will park on the grass.
2. Once you've found the entrance, follow the signs to Carriage Ride Parking:
This year, the parking is on the grass, at the entersection of Great View Dr E and Great View Drive N. Anyone along the way can help guide you. You'll see the carriages lined down the sidewalk, so after you park, have 1 person from your group check in at the Coordinator Booth.
3. Enjoy the beautiful lights of Starry Nights on your ride!
For a printable document with these Instructions, the Map of Shelby Farms, and the detailed directions below, click the button to the right!
DETAILED DIRECTIONS: Choose the directions you need based upon the direction you're coming from (Southwest, Southeast, Northwest, North/Bartlett, Northeast).
COMING FROM THE SOUTHWEST
- The main interstate from this direction is I-240 E. Once you're on 240, take the Walnut Grove Exit.
- Follow exit around heading East on Walnut Grove
- Do not turn onto Farm Rd., take next entrance at Great View Dr E
- Take entrance at Great View Dr E to the next intersection and turn left onto Great View Dr N.
- Parking is on the left in the grass, Carriages and Hayrides on the right on the Sidewalk.
- Look for the sign that says "Starry Carriage Rides"
COMING FROM THE SOUTHEAST
A. If you are south of/nearby 385, follow the directions below:
- Get onto TN 385 West.
- At the fork, stay right and follow signs for Interstate 240 E/Nashville and merge onto I-240 E.
- Once you're on 240, take the Walnut Grove Exit heading East. Do Not turn onto Farm Road. Go to next entrance at Great View Drive E. Follow signs to the intersection of Great View Drive E and Great View Drive N. You will see the Carriages and Hayrides. Park in grass.
B. If you are North of 385, follow these directions:
- Head north until you hit Poplar Ave. Take a left to go West.
- Follow Poplar, then take a right on S Germantown Rd
- Continue North on Germantown Pkwy for about 1.7 mi. Merge left on Walnut Grove exit..
- Follow Walnut Grove 1.2 miles. Turn Right onto Great View Drive E.
- Follow Great View Drive E to Great Vie Drive N and turn Left.
- Turn left, Park on grass. Look for signs for Starry Carriage Rides. You will see Carriages and Hayrides lined on Sidewalk.
COMING FROM THE NORTHWEST
- From this direction you will probably be coming in on the north loop, Interstate I-40 E. Continue down to 240 and the Walnut Grove exit. Take Walnut Grove exit heading East.
-Do Not turn on Farm Road. Go to the next entrance down at Great View Drive E.
- Follow Great View Drive E to the intersection at Great View Drive N.
- Turn left onto Great View Drive N. Park on the grass.
- You will see Carriages and Hayrides lined on Sidewalk.
COMING FROM THE NORTH (BARTLETT AREA)
- From Bartlett, the northwest directions above take you out of your way to the north loop. Instead, take Stage Rd or another road East until you hit Kirby Whitten Rd.
- Turn right onto Kirby Whitten Rd
- Kirby Whitten turns into Whitten Rd., and you continue straight.
- Turn left onto Mullin Station follow around to Germantown Parkway. Walmart will be on your right.
_Turn right onto Germantown Parkway. Merge onto the Walnut Grove exit.
- The entrance will be on your right before you get to Farm Road. Look for the sign that says "Coastal Fish Company." Turn right on to Great View Drive E. Follow the road to the next intersection at Great View Drive N. Park on the grass. Carriages will be lined up on the sidewalk.
COMING FROM THE NORTHEAST
A. If you are north of/nearby I-40, follow the directions below:
- Find your way to I-40 West exit toward Memphis
- Take exit 16A for TN-177 S toward Germantown Parkway
- Merge onto TN-177 S/N Germantown Pkwy
- Take exit toward Walnut Grove
- Merge onto Walnut Grove. Turn right onto Great View Drive E.
_Follow road to the next intersection Great View Drive N.
_Carriages will be lined up on Sidewalk. Park in the grass.
B. If you are south of I-40 (and north of Macon) follow the directions below:
- Find your way to Germantown Parkway heading South.
- Turn right onto Germantown Parkway
- Turn right onto Great View Drive E.
- Take the drive to the next intersection at Great View Drive E.
-You will see Carriages lined up Sidewalk. Park on the grass.